Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hair-Cut?

This is Micah. My little buddy. But check out his hair...
                            What IS that? Super Fro to the rescue!
                                      Here is the sideburn curls.
                   And also we've got the Justin Bieber bangs growing in.

When he is looking unkempt, such as in these pictures, we like to lovingly refer to him as PigMuffin. That would be half Pig Pen from Peanuts and half Rag-a-Muffin. (Thanx Hook for contributing to that creation.)

But seriously? What do I do with this hair? The longer it gets the poofier and more ratted it becomes. There is no wetting and combing this thing down...it's like a coiled spring. So you say, just cut it then! Well, it's not that simple. It has been a long heated debate as to whether Micah should have long or short hair. Well, actually, only heated on Husband's side of the family. And I mean HEATED. They've long opposed the short faux-hawk that he's sported for pretty much all his life. There was even a time when we went to the Grandparents fresh from Cookie Cutters and I watched as a beloved family member tried to flatten it right before my very eyes! I was like what the??? Oh no you di'nt! I just paid 15 bucks for that! A big Thank you goes out to hair product because that thing shot straight back up! So that gives you an idea on how hated the illustrious short spiky cut is by half the family.

Ok, now that we've let it grow long as per suggestion, and as you've seen it's just getting out of control, my question is, how do we cut it? What style? He's been blessed with Daddy's full body and curl as well as a cowlick in the exact same spot... Although you'd never know it since he keeps it short as well. So do we go back to what works? Short and simple ... Or??? I don't know! You tell me. I'd love to hear your comments and suggestions!

                   Oh, and here's a pic of the short Do just for reference.


By the way - Don't worry...not every post is going to be about Hair.

2 comments:

  1. A wise man once told me that extended family should be like neighbors in a cul-de-sac. You lend each other things, you bring over a casserole when someone is sick, but you NEVER tell each other how to run each other's lives, or in your case, how to cut your child's hair. They may say it, but it doesn't mean you need to listen. So, my opinion is do it how you and Micah like it the best. And, pass on the wise words of wisdom (like the next time you see my family!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hair product rocks! I like it longer, not too short. But I say do what's easiest for you.

    ReplyDelete