Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HOLY MISSONI!!!

I'm not a fashion blogger nor do I have one of those sweet interior design blogs (obviously!) But secretly I'm a closet designer. Aspiring to be PRO!! Just gotta get my degree finished up. So that is why I couldn't pass up the opportunity to comment on Missoni for Target!

When I first heard that Missoni was coming out with a line for Target I thought SUH-WEET! I love Missoni who is famous for its unique knitwear, made from a variety of fabrics in colorful patterns. And if you don't know who they are here are some pics that barely touch on their fabulous-ness!

Missoni Rainboot

Missoni Fabrics

Luxury Bugaboo Missoni Baby Stroller


My Favorite is this Hotel set to open in 2013!!

I LOVE!!! But, I totally mis-judged how huge it would be that they were launching a line for Target. I was way off! I thought it's all good and I'll go check it out in a couple of days... but it was SO HUGE! that Missoni crashed Target's website!

Here is Target's official Statement:

Due to an overwhelming amount of traffic to Target.com as a result of the Missoni launch this morning, guests are unable to access the site. Providing a positive shopping experience to our guests is important to us and we are working to get the site back up as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

And now I come to find out that not only did the site crash, but the shelves were wiped bare and items are flying up on eBay at inflated prices! A chevron zig-zag tote bag, originally $34.99, was listed for more than $100 on eBay, with bids starting at $50Wow, Fashionistas are crazy y'all!

The Italian luxury design house's 400 items with the hallmark zig-zag patterns were set to run from Tuesday through Oct. 22 at 1,762 Target stores in the U.S. and online. What makes me the most sad is that "There are no plans to restock the shelves beyond what Target stores received for the opening day." says Joshua Thomas, a spokesman for the Minneapolis-based retailer.

I'm gonna need some time to get over this... Can someone please hand me a tissue?

Oh yeah, and if you want to catch some deals that are still around go here. <shamless plug!>

No comments:

Post a Comment